Tour dates: 7.11. – 12.11.2016
6 4 places. NOTE: minimum 4 persons required to guarantee the departure!
Dificulty level: easy
Locations: Snæfellsnes Peninsula, North Iceland
Price: 2590 EUR / per participant, including 200 EUR Early Bird discount, based on shared accommodation. Single accommodation possible by request for extra fee
Early Bird discount is valid if you reserve your place and pay a deposit until 31.8.2016
Deposit: 900 EUR
Group (3 and more) discount: 100 EUR / per person
Extra: Prior to the tour you can join us on amazing Iceland Airwaves Festival in Reykjavik from 2nd to 6th November where we will do a 2-day exploration trip to the West Fjords and be back for the Festival from 4th till 6th. I know, a lot of fun 🙂
Pick up / drop off at Keflavik Airport
- All transportation during the tour in two 4×4 vehicles
- Photo tour guidance by two landscape photographers
- Accommodation for 5 nights in the best hotels in Iceland (based on double/ occupancy, which means you will share a room with another person from the group, single occupancy is possible by request)
- 3 meals per day (breakfast, lunch-snacks, dinner)
- Photography gear
- Single accommodation
- Spectacular winter scenery with mountain peaks that are dripping straight to the Atlantic Ocean
- Reykjavik, Snæfellsnes, Akureyri, Goðafoss, Mývatn
- Professional photo guidance by two landscape photographers
- Gorgeous winter light and Northern Lights during the night
- Very best hotels and food
- Traveling in style with two 4-wheel drive vehicles capable of going on any road with enough space for you and your photo gear
- The workshop is suitable for all photographers, amateurs or pros
We will be staying in the beautiful Icelandic hotels that are perfectly located near the best places and with the most amazing Icelandic couisine. If you want to be a single person accommodated, extra fee applies.
1st night: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina, Reykjavik
2nd night: Hotel Egilsen, Stykkishólmur
3rd and 4th night: Icelandair Hotel Akureyri, Akureyri
5th night: Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina, Reykjavik
Day 1, Reykjavik
On the first day, Monday 7th November we will pick you up from Keflavik International airport.
First night we will be staying in icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina. This is the perfect starting point for our adventure to the North. On the welcoming dinner we´ll get to know each other and discuss our plans for the next five days.
Day 2, Snæfellsnes Peninsula, Kirkjufell Mountain
After the breakfast in amazing Icelandair Marina Reykjavik Hotel, we´ll head north towards Snæfellsnes where we will explore the peninsula and the area around the most famous mountain in Iceland, Kirkjufell or the “Pyramid Mounatain” and Kirkjufellfoss. We´ll spend the rest of the day shooting at several locations before coming to our enchanting Hotel Egilsen in a small town of Stykkisholmur. After the dinner if the conditions will be right we´ll attempt to shoot Aurora Borealis.
Day 3, Arrival in Akureyri
After the breakfast we´ll spend the day moving to the North and shooting on numerous locations on the way. Our final destination will be the town of Akureyri, which is not far from Goðafoss waterfall, our desired sunset location for the day. After the dinner, again if the conditions will allow us, we´ll go and shoot the Northern Lights.
Day 4, Aldeyjarfoss, Lake Mývatn
After a big breakfast at Icelandair Hotel Akureyri we´ll head to the east and visit euthropic lake Mývatn. After we´ll start to go back to the west and if the road condition will allow us, visit one of the most beautiful waterfalls in Iceland, Aldeyjarfoss. Aurora Borealis hunting will be planned according to the conditions.
Day 5, More of the North and Flight back to Reykjavik
First thing in the morning we´ll hop into our 4×4 jeeps and head over to the west coast where we´ll shoot a sunrise at Snæfellsjökull National Park. After the early morning shoot we´ll be back to fill our energy with a big breakfast in Hotel Búdir and continue our exploration of the south coast of Snæfellsnes. Finally we are expected to arrive in Reykjavik in the late afternoon hours where we will settle in Icelandair Hotel Reykjavik Marina. In Reykjavik we will have our last dinner together.
Day 6, Departure from Reykjavik
On Saturday 12th November after the breakfast at the hotel we´ll be on time at Keflavik International airport for the departures and say our goodbyes.
From our own experience, very precise daily plan for Iceland is not possible. We will have to adapt to the weather and the Northern Lights.
Warm, windproof and water resistant clothes are required, along with water resistant winter shoes. Weather in Iceland can be challenging and is constantly changing.
- Camera with manual functions, extra batteries
- Wide and normal zoom lenses (>70 mm)
- Telephoto zoom lens (>200 mm >) recommended
- Cable release
- Neutral density & polariser filters recommended
- Extra storage for backing up your files highly recommended
- Reserve your flight on time. When reserving, pick Keflavik International airport as a final destination. Numerous airlines fly there on a daily basis from all over the world. Icelandair has very good connections with U.S. and Europe and in my opinion, it´s one of the best airline companies today. Check out their Stopover for up to 7 days.
- Book your flight with arrival no later than 5 p.m. If you need any help with flight booking feel free to contact us.
- Maximum number of participants is 6 and minimum to guarantee the departure is 4.
- A non-refundable (unless exceptional cancellation of the Tour) deposit of 900 EUR will be required to secure your booking, with the balance due 30 days prior to commencement of the Tour.
- No insurance is included in the price, so make sure to have all necessary travel and gear insurance. Tour guides cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage during the Tour.
- If you have any questions feel free to contact me. Please reserve your spot by sending an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we’ll get back to you with instructions how to make the payment.